Sunday, December 5, 2010

Dreaming of sugar plum fairies

Let's go back to the very beginning.....

In May this year my eldest daughter turned 4 and we threw her a fairy party. (You may have seen it here )


Of course I searched the web for inspiration in the months/weeks leading up to it but didn't find the amazing Woodland fairy party by the one and only Kate Landers, until after the event. As a first introduction to Kate's work it was both appropriate timing and awe inspiring. I remember my comment on her blog post was simply "WOW!" 



From that moment I have been a HUGE fan of Kate's and the ever inspiring parties she creates. I was lucky enough to make contact with her over the next few months and it turned out Kate liked some of my work. In fact she featured my youngest daughter's party, from July this year, on her other blog Stylish Children's Parties here. What a HUGE honour that was!



We stayed in touch and I got to know the truly BEAUTIFUL, GENEROUS and TALENTED woman that Kate is :) Not only is her work amazing but so is she.

So at the mere mention of working with her I was JUMPING out of my SKIN!
When she revealed that she was going to be working on a Nutcracker themed party and would like for me to create the invitations and other paper goods, I had died and gone to HEAVEN!!

With two little girls of my own, one who dances, and a slight dance history of my own, this could not have been a more perfect and exciting project for me to work on! I knew that whatever Kate would create would be fabulous, so also knew that I had to create something special. Love a challenge ;)

With guidance from Kate on what she was thinking, we decided the unobvious approach was the one to take. No ballerinas or Christmas trees to be seen. Instead, an array of precious desserts - they would play a big part in the party set up also. 

What was particularly nice for me was I got to do some "real" artwork instead of computer based drawing and put pencil to pad to come up with the sweet treats.




The only other hint at the theme was a little "mouse king" I created. (One of my favourite elements!)

I was aware of parts of Kate's plan for the party, that she revealed excitedly to me along the way, but I knew I would be blown away by the final product when I saw it. Of course I wasn't disappointed! 



There were some very talented people that were all a part of this STUNNING party and you can see more details here. When it come to details, Kate is a master and you really must have a look at her full post for all of them :)

It was a PLEASURE and DELIGHT to work on this project with Kate and I am really happy with what I created for her. I hope you like it too!!

If you think you would like to host a Nutcracker themed party after viewing all this eye candy, then the printable range I created would be perfect!! It includes:

Invitation

Food labels


Name tags



Gift tags



Of course other items to match can be arranged if you so desire. If you are interested please email me at jennifer@jenniferbirkheaddesign.com 

Also, to match the range, I have created a set of Gift Tags to co ordinate! So if you want to create a bit of 'sugar plum magic' without the party, you can!





These come in a pack of 15, 5 of each design, for a cost of $7.50 (AU) and as a little Christmas gift I am offering free postage within Australia.

Please email me to order at jennifer@jenniferbirkheaddesign.com

So there you have it, my spin on the GORGEOUS Nutcracker Ballet party by Kate, to whom I am forever thankful, for allowing me to be a part of it.
Jen
xx

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work Jen!!!! Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absoluetly gorgeous...a little girls dream

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jen, I just am so thrilled for you to have worked with Kate Landers, that is such a great honor. The printables and invite looks amazing!! I love that style, you are brilliant!!

    Thetis
    http://www.littlesooti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on an amazing job! I love the mouse king.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, this was SUCH a GORGEOUS setting and your paper goods were perfect! I really liked the color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE all of it! Having little girls myself and taking two of them to see The Nutcracker 3 years ago at the Australian Ballet when they were only 5 & 6, this party brought back a lot of memories! Well Done Jen and Kate (and all the other's who were involved!) I can't wait to see the follow on from this on other's variations to the "nutcracker" theme! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ballet parties bring out the little girl in all of us don't they? I'm already planning my next one (11 months away mind you!) Jen, you are such a clever cookie, I'm so glad that I'm getting to know so many clever, creative and lovely bloggers and just so delighted that you share your work with us all. Jane:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much everyone :)
    Was a BEAUTIFUL party that is for sure!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful Jen, must have been amazing to work with Kate Landers!! I love the hand drawn elements...especially the plum pudding!! Tanya x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a fabulous job, Jennifer! Both my girls' dance ballet too~ they love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!! So Much Amazing posts...nice work, i like so much...
    Outstanding ideas for kids parties...
    Kids fairy land provide your kids birthday party games and birthday party characters and also provide clowns Miami for your kids birthday and you get kids birthday party ideas so enjoy the parties. it's so amazing kids parties Miami and childrens party Browardand also kids birthday party west palm beach kids Fairy land gives
    you all Facilities.

    ReplyDelete