Thursday, July 22, 2010

Life and chocolate brownies


This afternoon my 4yr old and I made chocolate brownies together. Baking is something we do together quite a lot and both love. We put our aprons on, take turns at mixing, she breaks the eggs and then we lick the bowl.
Whilst making these brownies I decided to put in nearly double the chocolate that the recipe requested.....yes, I'm a self confessed chocoholic ;)
Turns out it was a good decision. Brownies were goooooooooood!

So what's my point? 
It seemed like a good example of one of my life philosophies. 
You get out of life what you put in. I believe this applies to all aspects of life. 

If you've been to one of my fitness classes it's something you'll hear me say, 'put in the effort now and get the results!' Also as an instructor I get more out of my job when I put the extra effort in to give my participants a fun and hard workout.

In my design work putting the time and thought into coming up with a design solution that is everything the client wants, brings me great joy. 

Of course it also applies to relationships, with partners, kids and friends. Put the time and the love into something and you will reap the rewards. 

This afternoon was a good one, quality time with my girl and extra yummy brownies.

May your glass be half full ;)

Jen
xx





5 comments:

  1. Awww so true! Great post Jen! I agree with everything you just said!
    {and YUM those brownies look amazing ~ another BIG chocoholic here lol !!!!}
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally agree with everything you said ...those brownies look YUM have a great weekend!! luv melli xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely sentiment. Mind you if ate those brownies I think I'd need to hit the gym every day for a week!!
    www.wastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very true! Those brownies look unbelievable - you will need to tell us the recipe! x

    ReplyDelete