Sunday, May 16, 2010

Wings, wands and sparkles

After months of thinking, dreaming about and planning, today was my eldest daughter Ella's 4th birthday party. I'm sitting here overdosing on left over cake and reliving what a wonderful day it was through the photos so wanted to share - the photos, sorry the cake is gone ;) You can click on the images below to enlarge.

Enchanted Fairy Woodland was the theme, chosen by Ella (and maybe suggested by Mummy? :) ).

This year Ella is at Kindy so was the first time she had the chance to invite 'school friends' which was very cute.
The theme started with the invitations...



...and continued with setting the scene...
With hanging tissue paper pom poms, butterflies and stars, sweeping drapes from the ceiling and a great wall 'scene setter' we certainly did set the woodland fairy scene!


There was plenty of yummy party food all made to match the theme from the classic fairy bread cut into love hearts, to ladybug cupcakes and mini teacups.


I made Ella's costume, one I've dreamed of making ever since I had her I think LOL! She picked the colours which lead to the theme of everything else. Of course my little April had to have her own fairy outfit too and yes.....that's me, also dressed up as a fairy....


We had great fun playing games, collecting coins the tooth fairy dropped outside, musical toadstools, pass the parcel, musical statues, egg and spoon race and then we finished off by all making special fairy wishes with magical fairy dust and a special fairy rhyme.




Then after singing happy birthday and cake it came to an end with all the fairies and elves taking their tooth fairy coin collections and bag full of lollies and goodies (including their own little container of fairy dust) with them.

I hope all the kids had as much fun as I did. Plenty of smiles and no tears would suggest so.
Ella loved it and that's main thing :)

Right...now for April's first birthday in July....

Jen
xx


13 comments:

  1. OOHH How Cute! Looks like everyone had an amazing time! You did amazing job too!!
    Well Done Jen!

    Funnily enough I've actually decided on having that same theme for my daughters 4th birthday this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, it looked amazing....well done you! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, you have to be the most amazing mum ever. Your creativity and passion for enjoyment (at all levels) is magical. Congrats on such a fantastic party xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww thanks guys, I LOVED doing it all and Ella's face when it was all set up was priceless xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! You really know how to throw a GREAT kid's party! Well done! This is the first time I've come to your BLOG and I'm hooked! I also have a daughter named Ella (she is 2) and she had a fairy party for her 2nd birthday! Your daughters are stunning :) And your designs are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute! I love all the details and the little girls look so adorable! I love your invite too!

    Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
    party inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love LOVE your party! I'm founder of a new site called www.catchmyparty.com. I'd love to feature your party on our homepage in our Party of the Day. If you are interested, please email me at jillian@catchmyparty.com so I can talk about it with you further. Wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great! You are definitely making the most of your creative skills... I am impressed.
    wastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. it looks amazing you should be very proud...i'm so jealous i want a fairy party too ..but i have 3 boys Xx
    p.s i love reading your blog, so far i'm hooked,thanks for sharing your beautiful designs and your gorgeous party event ....you are welcome to visit Melli's Designs anytime XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. just gorgeous! what a fabulous effort, it looks lovely. xx
    Pop by my blog and say hi
    www.montresorblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable, looks like a very special and magical party! I wish I was that age again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jen, what a beautiful party.
    Where did you get the wall scene setter? Very cute and could be used for lots of different themes.
    My eldest daughter is turning 4 in November. She can't make up her mind if she wants a princess party or a fairy party!
    Kym

    ReplyDelete